Monday, January 18, 2010

Hello friendly Commenter(s, should others ever decide to speak up)

Update 1/20/10: I've now tried to post a comment on your blog, Daddy Grognard, but have met the same malfunction. It's too bad, I was looking forward to trying those Mtn Dew Doritos.

I seem to be unable to comment on my own blog. Mainly, I suspect, because of my severe ineptitude. Every time I hit either preview or publish, the page thinks for a few seconds and then erases my comment.

That said, I just wanted to say thanks to Daddy G. for signing on before I even posted anything! Thank you for the incredible show of faith; I hope I do not disappoint.

I didn't want to seem like an unappreciative prick or aloof a-hole or something. Also, I'll be keeping an eye on you as well--in the least creepy fashion imaginable of course.

2 comments:

  1. It's okay - I sensed your presence.

    Sorry you're not getting more traffic here - I've done a welcome for you and put you on my blogroll, so you're visible on my side bar. Perhaps I should have a "Let's everybody visit Timrod day"

    Have you checked your settings to see if that's where the trouble lies with commenting?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I changed the setting so that the comments appear in a pop up window instead of inline with the text; if you're reading this then it worked. Took the hint when I realized I was successfully commenting on other sites with the pop up format.

    Thanks for your PR efforts on my behalf, I do appreciate that someone gives a crap that I'm here. And I really didn't expect that either I or anyone else would care about such things. All the same, I think I would die of shame if some sort of Timrod day were declared. Not really a center of attention kind of guy; I prefer to stand just a bit to the side if I can help it.

    ReplyDelete