- A. Complete even one of the modules from my publications list ... or B. make a map of Holmsmouth, the de facto setting of of the ATM and IBS series of urban adventures. Current Status: 1-A: I think we all know this one aint hap'nin', B: this one was a trick; I already had the map made when I made the resolution. Assuming I can find it again, this one is in the bag.
- A: Dismantle Kickstarter ... or B: continue to ignore its existence. Current Status: I've done well with 2-B. So well that perhaps 2-A also came true without any effort on my part?
- Compile my Moathouse-Sample Dungeon thesis for my colleagues over at Zenopus Archives et. al. ... actually this one seems pretty reasonable as is. Current: Ya' know, I actually worked on this one a few times over the year. But rehashing my Moathouse thesis into a more cohesive article smacked of revising a dissertation. There's a reason I don't have a Ph.D. Don't get your hopes up gang.
- Complete the T2-5 Against the Cabal of the Tamaracks series of postmodern Hommlet sequels ... or at least post my T1 modifications. Current: It seems like I have this one half-done somewhere, let me look around...
- Pay more attention to G+ ... or convince Rients to get his head back in the blogging business. Current: Nope and nope.
- Make DiceChuckathonCon V a reality ... or get the old gang together for the occasional game every now and then. Sigh.
- Achieve global domination ... or submit application for Canadian citizenship. Man do I hate paperwork.
- Finish off my Appendix N reading list ... or finish The Aeneid. And maybe The Iliad. I read enough of The Aenied to know that I will not ever finish the rest; does that count?
- Complete the ol' Gigadungeon ... or hack it up and publish it piecemeal. I started doing this and then left my notes on the bus. I'm hoping some homeless dude found 'em and is using the material to run a sweet campaign under a bridge somewhere.
- Get in a hockey fight ... or learn to skate backwards. Holy Shit!! I actually did this one. Not the fight--I'm a lover, etc. etc--but, at the youthful age of 45, I finally managed to skate backwards. I'm not ready to play defenceman yet, but I'm getting there.
- Complete my revised History of Oerth ... or re-format my annotated Oeridian timeline. This one is so close to being done I can almost taste it. Perhaps...
- Rave like a madman about some oft-ignored quirk of the AD&D rules ... or--wait a minute--that's what I do all the friggin' time. Hrrummph.
Tuesday, December 2, 2014
2014 Resolution Update
With 29 days remaining in the year, I thought I'd better get going on a few of my resolutions from last December. I've got a big meeting with the stockholders coming up in January; I'd better impress or I'll be looking for a new cave to chuck my dice in. That sounds kinda' gross, no? Not a good start.