- Game Review: Eldritch Role-Playing System by Goodman Games. Confession time: 90% of visitors to this post come by way of image searches which include the terms "Golgotha" or "Calvary." Nothing like the ol' bait n' switch.
- Primordial D&D: Eric Holmes and the 11 year old's dungeon. I assume that folks are not noticing the apostrophe "s" and think they will be reading about an 11 year old dungeon which is interesting because... I have no idea.
- Hello friendly Commenter(s, should others decide to speak up). That this one--my 2nd post ever--should be on this list at all boggles the mind. My 3rd most "popular" post was really a private message to Daddy Grognard--the only soul in the universe who knew that this blog even existed in the early days--explaining to him that I was unable to post a comment to my own post. Why didn't I just send him an email and spare myself the humiliation of a public confession of ineptitude? I don't know. But apparently people really dig it. Who knew?
- Death Ray Enthusiasts Rejoice If you don't like death rays then you are probably a troglodytic Nazi pederast.
- Megadungeon Design Review Committee Ah yes, the ol' Design Review Committee; I wonder what they've been up to lately?
- Castles & Crusades: Highlights and Lowlights of an RPG This was supposed to be a precursor to my latest adventure log about our party that has now converted to C&C--sort of. We ditched the SIEGE engine and most of the other things that make C&C different from everything else out there, but the point is that no one likes reading adventure logs, least of all me, so why inflict more of same on the world?
- The Undead Strike Back: Turning Clerics Quick and dirty, yet it still draws people in.
- Greyhawk Realty: Looking to buy in the Flannaes A foray into the field of real estate copywriting.
- Castle of the Mad Archmage Session 2 Part I: Thar be orcs! Wow, folks do read adventure logs??
- Sartorial Sorcery: Pointy Hats Explained So this only came out about a week ago and yet it's already #10 on the all time list? But then, at 11th place there's a 36 way tie with 2 hits each.
Wednesday, June 1, 2011
Greatest (number of) Hits: Popularity has never been more deceiving
So I briefly placed the little "best of" widget on this here blog a moment ago, mostly to see which of my little rants gets the most internet action. I removed it for a few reasons; partly because the widget was cropping the first 2 letters of each post off, which looked really stupid, and partly because I really don't want to encourage people to visit some of these "most popular" posts, but mostly because it seemed a bit grandiose on my part to post the greatest hits for a site that sees as little action as this one. But then I couldn't let it die a quiet death so I wrote this up instead.